|Ted Cruz, Rafael Edward Cruz, republican, 2016, gop, candidate, stupid, crazy, things said by ted cruz, quotes|
He said during a speech in Iowa on Dec. 5 that "we will utterly destroy ISIS. We will carpet bomb them into oblivion. I don't know if sand can glow in the dark, but we're going to find out."
To carpet bomb is to indiscriminately flatten a certain large area. Cruz meant to target ISIS members only.
October 2015 Des Moines campaign stop via Des Moines Register when questioned about the Supreme Court Justices.
“One more liberal justice and our right to keep and bear arms is taken away from us by an activist court." “One more liberal justice and they begin sandblasting and bulldozing veterans memorials throughout this country,” Cruz said according to the Des Moines Register. “One more liberal justice and we lose our sovereignty to the United Nations and the World Court.”
November 10, 2014 Tweet
"Net Neutrality" is Obamacare for the Internet; the Internet should not operate at the speed of government."
“We have never had a president who over and over again openly, aggressively defies the law. If he doesn’t like the law, he refuses to enforce it, or he simply proclaims it changed.”
“But a Camel’s hair brush is made of squirrel fur, and it makes you wonder the squirrels apparently have a very bad marketing department.”
“I’LL WORK WITH MARTIANS”
“Twenty years from now if there is some obscure trivial pursuit question, I am confident I will be the answer.”
“I WAS BITTEN BY AN OCTOPUS”
“I will credit my father, he invented … green eggs and ham. He did it two ways. The easy way was he would put green food coloring in … But if you take spinach and mix it into the eggs, the eggs turn green … I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam I am.”
“The moon might be as intimidating as Obamacare.”
Ted Cruz launched his fake filibuster against Obamacare by claiming that failing to fight the implementation of Obamacare was akin to appeasing Adolf Hitler, and anyone who didn’t support his plans to stop health care reform were like Neville Chamberlain.
Cruz once told a group of conservatives, “You no longer have a president,” because Barack Obama had implemented health care reform in a “lawless” way.
Cruz told ABC’s Jonathan Karl that he believed the GOP could repeal Obamacare with Obama still in office.
When he was running for the Senate, Cruz said that Texas should let the uninsured get health care from emergency rooms.
Cruz promised to “uphold the sacrament of marriage” as president.
Cruz claimed that court rulings in favor of same-sex marriage are “a real threat to our liberty.”
Cruz claimed that Houston pastors may soon be “hauled off to jail for a hate crime,” due to the city’s anti-discrimination ordinance.
Cruz’ father, Rafael Cruz, may be as much of an asset to his son’s campaign as a thorn in its side. The senior Cruz has a record of staying things so outrageous that Ted Cruz at one time denied his father spoke for him, even was his aide was booking dad’s gigs.
Cruz claimed that legislation to protect access to abortion services is “a manifestation of the war on women.”
Cruz said the Democrats seeking to amend the constitution to give Congress the power to regulate campaign financing were really out to “expressly repeal the free-speech protections of the First Amendment.”
Cruz also derided “Farenheit 451 Democrats,” claiming that a proposed campaign finance amendment shows that liberals wanted to ban and burn books.
Cruz claimed the amendment to get money out of politics would “censor” Saturday Night Live, and “Lorne Michaels (of Saturday Night Live) could be put in jail under this amendment for making fun of any politician.”
Cruz also claimed that the amendment to repeal Citizens United would “muzzle” pastors.
Cruz called the standoff between the Bureau of Land Management and supporters of scofflaw and racist rancher Cliven Bundy, the “unfortunate and tragic culmination of the path that President Obama has set the federal government upon.”
Cruz claimed that the United Nations/George Soros “Agenda 21” would “abolish ‘unsustainable’ environments, including golf courses, grazing pastures, and paved roads.”
1. On Obama’s plot to kidnap him: “So this afternoon President Obama has invited the Senate Republicans to the White House. So after leaving here, I’m going to be going to the White House. I will make a request. if I’m never seen again, please send a search and rescue team. I very much hope by tomorrow morning I don’t wake up amidst the Syrian rebels.”
2. On the press: “The media wants America to give up and allow this country to keep sliding off the edge of the cliff.”
3. On the Constitution: “This is an administration that seems bound and determine to violate every single one of our bill of rights. I don’t know that they have yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in peoples’ homes soon.”
4. On the hecklers who interrupted his speech: “Is anybody left at OFA headquarters? I’m actually glad that the president’s whole political staff is here instead of actually doing mischief in the country
5. On hecklers, again: “It would seem that President Obama’s paid political operatives are out in force. The men and women in this room scare the living daylights out of them.”
6. On hecklers, a third time: “How scared is the President? What a statement of fear, what a statement of fear. Oh, they don’t want the truth to be heard. They definitely don’t want the truth to be heard.”
7. On the Cold War: “Our foreign policy is detente, which I’m pretty sure is French for surrender.”
8. On Vice President Biden: “You don’t need a punchline. You just say his name, people laugh.”
10. He recently publicly pushed for the repeal of a federal law that doesn’t exist.
9. While trying to bash President Obama and Hillary Clinton, he managed to not only point out just how terrible George W. Bush’s policies were for our economy, but he essentially proved that trickle-down economics is disastrous for our economy.
8. During the net neutrality debate, Cruz was proud to show off the fact that he clearly has no idea what the term actually means.
7. As the Ebola “scare” raged on last year, Cruz publicly denounced the information the CDC was giving Americans about the virus (information that turned out to be 100 percent correct)… because it was too complex for him to understand.
6. We can’t forget the time he was booed off stage at a Christian event.
5. After building a large part of his political career on opposing the Affordable Care Act, he was asked what his alternative would be if the law were to be repealed – then proceeded to look like a fool trying to dodge the question, never once offering any sort of alternative.
4. During a recent speech his fear-mongering was so ridiculous that it startled a poor little girl in the audience, whose mother then lied to her to ease her fears.
3. Just a few weeks after our government shutdown ended, Cruz tried to claim at an event that he never wanted a shutdown – and the audience erupted into laughter.
2. A couple of weeks ago he gave one of his usual speeches loaded with “applause points” – that were met with absolute silence.
1. He proudly proclaimed that we needed “100 more senators like Jesse Helms” – a racist who opposed the Civil Rights Act; supported apartheid in South Africa; frequently tried to block the appointment of African-American judges; and used a filibuster to try to prevent naming a federal holiday after Martin Luther King.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention his infamous moment on the Senate floor when he twisted the meaning of Dr. Seuss’s classic Green Eggs and Ham to suit his anti-Obamacare agenda – that embarrassing moment stands in a league of its own.
1. “‘Net neutrality’ is Obamacare for the Internet”
In November of last year, after President Barack Obama announced his support for “net neutrality,” Cruz had no choice but to come out against it, tweeting “Net Neutrality’ is Obamacare for the Internet; the Internet should not operate at the speed of government.”
2. “Instead of nominating a health professional, he nominated someone who is an anti-gun activist”
In an interview with Candy Crowley, Cruz claimed that the president’s pick for surgeon general, Vivek Murthy, wasn’t qualified because of statements he had made about the Second Amendment.
3. Obama just a “social worker” who wants to put ISIS “on expanded Medicaid”
In an appearance on Fox News’ Hannity, Cruz complained that United States military leaders were taking too many cues from the president. “It’s not our job,” he said, “to be social workers in Iraq and put them all on expanded Medicaid. It is our job to kill terrorists who have declared war on America and who have demonstrated the intention and capability to murder innocent Americans.”
4. “It is the job of a chaplain to be insensitive to atheists”
Speaking at a home schooling convention, Cruz said that “we have never seen an administration with such hostility to religious faith. Last year, there was a chaplain in the Air Force up in Alaska who wrote in a blog post the phrase ‘There are no atheists in fox holes.’ He was ordered by his supervising officer to take it down. I guess it was deemed insensitive to atheists. I kind of thought it was the job of a chaplain to be insensitive to atheists.”
5. “I didn’t threaten to shut down the government”
After leading the GOP charge to shut down the government, Cruz repeatedly claimed that he had nothing to do with the GOP shutting down the government.
6. “I will renounce any Canadian citizenship”
After speaking to Donald Trump about a possible run for the White House, Cruz admitted that he was born in Calgary, Canada. However, he told The Dallas Morning News that “I will renounce any Canadian citizenship. Nothing against Canada, but I’m an American by birth and as a US senator I believe I should be only an American.”
7. “I expect them to start quartering soldiers in people’s homes soon”
At the 2013 Values Voter Summit, Cruz said Obama was intent on violating the entire Bill of Rights. “You look at our Constitution, you look at our Bill of Rights, this is an administration that seems bound and determined to violate every single one of our Bill or Rights,” he said, adding “I don’t know that they’ve yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in people’s homes soon.”
8. “Gay marriage” leads to Christianity becoming “hate speech”
In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network, Cruz said that “if you look at other nations that have gone down the road towards gay marriage, that’s the next step of where it gets enforced. It gets enforced against Christian pastors who decline to perform gay marriages, who speak out and preach biblical truths on marriage, that has been defined elsewhere as hate speech, as inconsistent with the enlightened view of government.”
9. “I am a very, very proud wacko bird”
Responding to a statement by Senator John McCain that his opposition to immigration reform made him a “wacko bird,” Cruz to CBS News that “if standing for liberty and standing for the Constitution makes you a wacko bird then I am a very, very proud wacko bird.”
10. “I have never seen a Hispanic panhandler”
On Fox News Sunday in 2012, Cruz told host Chris Wallace that, “in my life, I have never once seen an Hispanic panhandler. In our community, it would be viewed as shameful to be out on the street begging.”
11. “Your world is on fire!”
At an event in New Hampshire last week, Cruz said “the Obama-Clinton foreign policy of leading from behind — the whole world is on fire.” When a little girl replied, “the world is on fire?” Cruz responded by saying, “Yes! Your world is on fire!”
12. “Green Eggs and Ham”
During his “filibuster” of the Affordable Care Act, Cruz took time out to read his daughters a bedtime story. “I don’t get to read it that often because I tell them, ‘Go pick the books you want to read and I read it to them,’” Cruz said on the Senate floor. “But since tonight, girls, you aren’t here, you don’t get to pick the book, so I get to pick Green Eggs and Ham.”
Mary Cummins, Mary K. Cummins, Mary Katherine Cummins, Mary Cummins-Cobb, Mary, Cummins, Cobb, real estate, appraiser, appraisal, instructor, teacher, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Pasadena, Brentwood, Bel Air, California, licensed, permitted, single family, condo, pud, hud, fannie mae, freddie mac, uspap, certified, residential, certified resident, apartment building, multi-family, commercial, industrial, expert witness, civil, criminal, orea, dre, insurance, bonded, experienced, bilingual, spanish, english, form, 1004, 2055, land, raw, acreage, vacant, insurance, cost, income approach, market analysis, comparative, theory, appraisal theory, cost approach, sales, matched pairs, plot, plat, map, diagram, photo, photographs, photography, rear, front, street, subject, comparable, sold, listed, active, pending, expired, cancelled, listing, mls, multiple listing service, claw, themls,
- Mary Cummins Real Estate Appraiser
- Meet up
- Animal Advocates custom Facebook name
- Cummins Real Estate blog
- Animal Advocates on Google maps
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates
- Mary Cummins biography resume short
- Mary Cummins Real Estate Services
- Animal Advocates fan page at Facebook.com
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates Squirrel Rescue
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Flickr photos
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Twitter.com
- Mary Cummins on Picasa web photo albums
- Mary Cummins on MySpace.com
- Mary Cummins on Google Blogger Blogspot
- Mary Cummins on YouTube.com videos
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates on Classmates
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on eHow