First, the Middle East -- Tom says his location shoots are just like serving a tour in Afghanistan, "That's what it feels like. And certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal."
This is an insult to anyone who has served in the military or been at war. Being an actor and being paid to pretend to do things is in no way similar to going to war where you could be killed.
As for his physical training, Tom said, "There is difficult physical stamina and preparation. Sometimes I've spent months, a year, and sometimes two years preparing for a single film." But the kicker, he adds, "A sprinter for the Olympics, they only have to run two races a day. When I'm shooting, I could potentially have to run 30, 40 races a day, day after day."
He forgets that Olympic athletes generally train for at least ten years straight. Athletes train many hours a day. When I was a swimmer I worked out from 6:30 to 8:00 a.m., went to school, then worked out again from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. We competed maybe twice a month. On competition day I generally had eight to ten events. Olympic athletes train even harder.
Cruise's statement about Olympic athletes is clueless and insulting. He really thinks his job is as tough as being in war? I'm sure there are a lot of soldiers who'd rather act in a movie than fight in a war.
Tom Cruise is suing a gossip rag for defamation over this statement "Tom Cruise abandoned his daughter Suri." Tom Cruise admits that he hadn't seen her for over 100 days because he was shooting movies and "couldn't get away." He's the star of the movie. He could have made time or invited him kid to the set. That could legally be considered temporary abandonment. He said because he would Skype with her, that proves he didn't abandon her.
Another thing which is truly crazy is why wasn't his deposition and discovery under seal? He's suing the rag for $50,000,000. He's giving them gold nuggets of his insane foolery to print in their rag and sell for money. This really makes no sense at all. He has lost touch with reality and should take a couple of years off or something.
Here is Dlisted's Michael K's take on this foolery.
Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates is a wildlife rehabilitator licensed by the California Department of Fish and Game. Mary Cummins is also a licensed real estate appraiser in Los Angeles, California.
- Mary Cummins Real Estate Appraiser
- Meet up
- Animal Advocates custom Facebook name
- Cummins Real Estate blog
- Animal Advocates on Google maps
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates
- Mary Cummins biography resume short
- Mary Cummins Real Estate Services
- Animal Advocates fan page at Facebook.com
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates Squirrel Rescue
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Flickr photos
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on Twitter.com
- Mary Cummins on Picasa web photo albums
- Mary Cummins on MySpace.com
- Mary Cummins on Google Blogger Blogspot
- Mary Cummins on YouTube.com videos
- Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates on Classmates
- Mary Cummins Animal Advocates on eHow